In some cases Sprint phones do not work correctly on the T-Mobile Network after installing a T-Mobile SIM card and need to be manually configured.
Here are the settings you will need to use in order to update your phone to have data service again.
- Go to Settings > Network > Mobile Networks
- Select Access Point Names (APN)
- Use the menu in the upper right to "Add APN" and Set the following:
APN Type: Internet+MMS or in some cases default,supl,admin,dun,mms
(Leave everything else to defaults)
- Now go to Settings > Network > Network Settings Reset(in some cases "Network Reset"
- Then Chose "Reset Settings" and it will require you to enter pattern or unlock code.
- Click "Reset Settings" again.
- This will not fix the connecting to network authentication issues.
- This will not fix the Update PRL or Update Profile authentication issues.
- This will not update your phone number in the about phone area under settings.
If you continue to have issues, call support and talk with a supervisor. The standard support has no clue how to fix these issues.