A little something about everything

internet marketing and website development made simple..

3DM2 http://localhost:888 can't connect with Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc

This error is caused by the fact that 3DM2 has a Vulnerability which was patched with the following windows updates:

You can download the non official patch for 3DM2 here:

ftp://tsupport:tsupport@ftp0.lsil.com/private/3Ware/3dm2_kb16625.zip

If for some reason you cannot download from the lsi ftp you can download it from here:

3dm2_kb16625.zip (7.27 mb)

Steps to fix:

1. Download the zip
  2. Stop the 3DM2 Service
  3. Replace the 3DM2 file from the corisponding platform directory within the zip
  4. start the service

Thats it, you should now have access to the http://localhost:888 3DM2 web management interface

As per request here are the 3ware 9750 whql drivers and 3dm2 installer:

3ware-9750-whql.zip (3.12 mb)

3DM2_CLI-Win_10-2-2-1_9-5-5-1.zip (81.52mb)

F6 drivers:

9750-24i4e.zip (61.38 kb)

Comments (30) -

• TurBeau

1/21/2013 7:41:18 PM |

OMG, thank you soo much, this totally fixed my problem using the updated 3dm2.exe file, kudoss!

• Shawn Hyde

1/21/2013 9:03:33 PM |

Another solution that some may need to use is to add "about:internet" to their trusted sites under security settings in internet explorer. This will allow you to bypass the white screen when going to the 3dm2 web management  console.

• Carl

2/21/2013 1:38:42 PM |

yes thank you, difficult file to find since 3ware as been bought by lsi!

• Shawn Hyde

2/21/2013 5:05:55 PM |

Yes, I spent a good part of a day looking for a solutions to this.

• KC

2/23/2013 1:05:36 PM |

Awesome work, thank you for this posting and solution, it worked perfectly. Much appreciated and keep up the good work.

• Janne

5/9/2013 2:48:13 PM |

Finally!!!
    Thanks man, really!

• Dave

6/19/2013 9:36:53 PM |

Well done, you provided a sane explanation for some very odd RAID errors!

Much appreciated.

• Randy

6/26/2013 2:47:36 AM |

That did the trick!  Never would have figured it out, thanks for the great advice.

• Xsi

7/26/2013 8:10:09 AM |

Thanks, you saved my butt!

• Thomas Lübke

9/13/2013 5:56:10 AM |

Thank's

• Mike P.

9/20/2013 12:34:47 PM |

Thanks for posting this. I was pulling my hair out. The updated file resolved it.

• Thomas

11/9/2013 2:54:23 AM |

Thank you soooo much!

• Dave

11/16/2013 8:12:54 PM |

Thanks alot! This was a HUGE help.

• rich

12/2/2013 1:18:39 AM |

I have the same problem, except that I'm running CentOS 5.9
    and the links to the Windows fix no longer work.

anyone fixed this with Linux?

• Greg

12/9/2013 8:34:12 PM |

Thank you!!

• Thomas Bishop

12/30/2013 4:16:05 PM |

WOW! Thank you so so so much this was a LIFE SAVER!! Thank you very very much!

• Iola Stegman

3/13/2015 4:36:31 PM |

Merci.

• Anders

4/9/2015 9:42:13 AM |

Thanks a lot!

• Shiming

12/8/2016 1:17:18 AM |

Thank you! My old 3ware cards can be monitored again.

• Ed

1/13/2019 6:02:38 PM |

Just in case anyone is still running a 3ware 9650SE card in the year 2018 like I am, and wants to install it on windows 10.  This problem still exists and the fix still works.

To install the 3DM2 app:
    www.broadcom.com/.../operating-systems-supported-for-the-lsi-3ware-and-megaraid-contr
    Download one of the codesets, I think either will work.  I wend with the 10.2
    ftp://tsupport:tsupport@ftp0.broadcom.com/private/3Ware/downloads/9.5.3-Codeset-Complete.iso
    ftp://tsupport:tsupport@ftp0.broadcom.com/private/3Ware/downloads/10.2-Codeset-Complete.iso
    Mount the ISO (win 10 lets you right-click Mount)
    Navigate to packages\installers\tools\windows
    Run the setupWindows_x64.exe

When that's done follow Shawn's instructions above, however now that broadcom bought LSI the link has a new domain but still exists:

ftp://tsupport:tsupport@ftp0.broadcom.com/private/3Ware/3dm2_kb16625.zip

• Chad

3/13/2019 2:24:36 PM |

Outstanding! Works on Server 2008 R2(Also with 9650SE). Wish I had see Ed's post an hour ago. Those instructions are relevant and exactly what I had to do to get this running again.

Many thanks!

• Jens

11/24/2019 3:30:38 PM |

9.5.5.3 CD has 3DM2 2.11.0.21
    Patch 16625 has 3DM2 2.11.0.16, which obviously is older.
    10.2 CD has 3DM2 2.11.0.16, which is ancient, although it has a signature it is two years older than the others.
    None of those work on a freshly installed Windows 10 1903 x64 with Edge, Internet Explorer or even an old Firefox.
    I did try to set about:internet and even localhost into my trusted Zone, but to no avail.
    Did MS patch something in Win10 since 2018?

• Shawn Hyde

11/24/2019 4:25:21 PM |

@Jens
    I am currently using the 9.5.5.1 build on a Clean install of Windows 10 for a raid 10 backup array, Here is the screen shot with firmware, etc:
    As a side note the new Broadcom cards are complete trash, specifically the 9361  was so bad and unstable it was unusable. Not just hardware performance but the software is extremely unstable so that is why I'm still using these older 3ware cards still to this day.

• Jens

11/25/2019 5:35:33 AM |

That's weird.
    I boot from onboard SATA SSD and have the 9650 plugged in a PCIe 16x port with 4 WD Red 500GB in RAID 5 as a data drive.
    Windows is freshly installed and updated, 1903 was on the stick, don't really know if i have 1909 already, but Windows Update tells me i'm good.
    Driver for the 3ware can't be found automatically so i did use the driver install from 9.5.5.1 cd, and the drive i made in the controller BIOS is found and can be used (although being damn slow: 80MB write, 320MB read with h2testw. The same disks on the onboard SATAs with Win10 Soft-RAID give it 350MB write and 480 read per second. It's an old Intel DH67BL with an i3-2105...).
    Everything is good so far, but 3DM2 is unreachable. Each and every Browser i've tried told me to check if we're online and if i've written the adress correctly.
    I tried localhost and 127.0.0.1, some Versions of old Firefoxes and all 3DM2 versions i could get my hands on, with service stop/restart computer/check service for start, but nothing. The 3DM2 service is running.
    The RAID drive and Controller work ok so far, but i can't check battery and RAID status and so on.
    Nothing else is installed besides the drivers for the onboard Hardware, mostly Intel and Realtek directly.

The controller was in use in an old 2003 Small Business Server and is lying around for nothing, thought i could give it a try...
    No other machine at hand i could try it with, tho.

• Shawn Hyde

11/25/2019 10:41:21 PM |

Few things to verify,
    First lets verify that you are checking the default address: https://localhost:888
    If this does not work, what comes up when you go to this page? If its the standard "Hmmm...can’t reach this page" message you can try disabling any firewall software you have running. If none of that works check the following:
    Checked to see if you can access the card via CLI(Program Files\3ware\CLI\tw_cli.exe)? If you get a command prompt, type in "show" then enter, it should return model and some information.
    If not, then you have another issue.
    If yes, then can you check the following.
    Does the WinAVAlarm function? launch Program Files\3ware\3DM2\WinAVAlarm.exe, this will tell us if the card and drivers are functioning correctly.
    If you get to this point and still cannot access it from web you can try flashing the firmware which may resolve the issue. This is a pain and has its risks of bricking the card.

• Jens

11/27/2019 7:54:13 AM |

Hi,
    i've used either http and https with localhost and 127.0.0.1.
    Firewall is Windows Standard and disabled, also i have tried an incoming allow all rule for 3DM2.exe.
    I do not get the cert error page, it's german so i don*t know what it shows to you but i think it's the same you'll get for an unreachable server, it tells me to see if my cables are connected and if i've entered the correct address.
    CLI works, but i'm too stupid to administer something with it. I can see units and drives, though.
    The firmware is definitely old, because i know it's not the latest 27 version. But i think that's not the problem because the drive works under windows, it's just the 3DM2.
    I never tried AVAlarm, though, because the machines were monitored manually. Will test and report back.

I've read and tried netstat -na to see which ports are listening, and there is no 888 listed, a hundred else but not 888.
    3DM2 service is running or not, no change, as is with all versions of it i could get my hands on, so it's not even a wrong port number.
    It seems 3DM2 is either blocked or not running correctly, but services.msc shows it as running, and it reacts immediately to stop and restart requests, so it is not hanging, too.

• Steven

1/16/2020 1:37:27 PM |

01-16-2020 Fresh W7_64 install installed  3DM2 from the ISO replaced the 3DM2_KB16625 as per Shawn's blog. still no joy..
    http should be https
    all is well we have 3ware 3DM2 access. huge thank you to Shawn Hyde

• Steve Keate

5/5/2022 7:37:51 PM |

Downloaded and installed the mirrored version of 3dm2 from here, there is literally no information the internet available about these cards, the Broadcom site and it's knowledge base seem to have been scrubbed clean of any references to this card. I need to download and install firmware for this card, but it has been not just abandoned, but erased from history by it's manufacturer.

Can anyone help me to get support for this card? I don't want to throw a working card in the landfill just because the manufacturer hates the earth.

• Steve Keate

5/5/2022 7:43:20 PM |

Forgot to mention that 3dm2 mirrored here was broken in exactly the same way as the version I already had.

• Shawn Hyde

5/5/2022 7:54:36 PM |

I updated the post to include the whql & f6 drivers, if you need something else let me know and I likely have it in one of the archives.