Most likly if you have a huge pagefile.sys file, you have a lot of ram as well. In this case assuming you have over 16GB of ram you really do not need the pagefile.sys but you may want it just in case.
If you have an SSD drive for your primary boot/OS drive then the pagefile can eat away at your available space.
Run "SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe", click "settings" under performance section.
Select the "Advanced" tab and choose "Change" under the Virtual memory section.
If you have more than 16 GB of RAM you can select No paging file, however even with more than 16GB I like to specify at least 4096/4096 under custom size. After you choose your size click "set".
Thats it your done.
Optional, you can set the pagefile to be on a drive other than "C", pagefile is used when your system runs low on ram as backup RAM. This can be useful if you do a lot of photo or video editing. I like to set a pretty large pagefile on my raid 10 array.
HTTP Error 401.3 Unauthorized
You do not have permission to view this directory or page because of the access control list (ACL) configuration or encryption settings for this resource on the Web server.
Simple to fix,
- Open IIS
- Select the main web tree or spacific website if its only one
- select authentication, then click edit on the right
- change it from spacific user to app pool identity
HTTP Error 505.19 Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
Simple to fix,
This issue now has a hotfix however, if you don't want to take a performance hit that this hotfix causes then you can simply do the following to solve the problem with pdf files and IIS 7.5
- Open "IIS Manager" on your server
- Select your service instace
- Select "MIME Types" under IIS
- Select ".pdf" then click "edit"
- Chenge the MIME type from "application/pdf" to "application/octet-stream"
This will cause the web server to treat the file as a download instead of a pdf application. From IE8 pdf files will open as normal, in firefox it will first download the file in full then open it.
First thing you should do is verify that your contacts in outlook sync with any other device you have contacts on. You can do this with MailSync+ or other similar solutions.
Now open outlook and select your contacts folder, then changing to list view will make this much quicker.
- Select a duplicate entry and use Ctrl+C (to copy the entry)
- Select the entry you would like to merge the duplicate into, use Ctrl+V and it will tell you of any differences. At which point you can choose to accept the changes or cancel.
- Go back to the duplicate and use Del to remove it.
That's it you're done.
you can also use the import merge method for bulk duplicate entries.