You can enable or disable IE IEC by using the following steps:
- Open Server Manager
- Click Configure IE ESC under the Security Information Section
- Enable or disable IE IEC
Have IE IEC Enabled and accedently clicked off the "Display enhanced security configuration dialog" check box?
- Click Start, type in "regedit" and hit enter.
- Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DontShowMeThisDialogAgain"
- Edit "DisplayTrustAlertDlg" to be "1"
Lots of Ram in your system but main HDD is using excessive amount of space, Huge Hiberfil.sys, Full SSD / C: Drive
All of these can be caused by the Windows Hibernate feature, you can easily disable this feature and remove the hiberfil.sys file that windows creates by executing the following command from a command line, be sure to use the "run as administrator" option when opening the command prompt.
Create a backup .bat file and copy the red text below into the file, edit as needed.
set SPACER=echo ----------------------------------- (No useful function, This line just sets the spacer in the output, anywhere in the file that you place %SPACER%, it will palce the -----------------------)
echo Do not close, Backing up files (echo tells the batch file to just print out[echo] a line, it has no real action other than to show a line of text to the user)
echo Running xcopy, to backup files from c:\Backup\This\Directory to \\server\share\foldertocopyto with /s for include all subdirectories. (echo again)
xcopy "C:\Backup\This\Directory" "\\server\share\foldertocopyto" /s /y (this is the code and the area you will want to change in order to customize it for each computer. The location in the first set of quotes tells the batch file where to copy from(source) and the second location in the quotes is the destination, the /s means include all subdirectories within the source location and the /y means to accept all prompts, for example overwrite, continue if it can't find a file etc.)
echo Finished Backing up files (echo, no real use... just output in the cmd box)
TIMEOUT /T 1000 (this is a timeout so the user can see what was done and the results, they can click spacebar to close or wait 1000 seconds. You can also edit the time or remove this line if you want it to close immediately)
Now open windows task scheduler, create a new task, set the time/date for running a backup, then set it to run a program, browse to where you saved the backup.bat file and your done.
This guide assumes you have proper network security already setup.
I've been designing, hosting, optimizing and marketing websites since 1997, If you are looking for Internet Marketing Professional help to create a full online presence please feel free to give me a call at 507-536-9557.
Now, on to the...
Online Marketing Guide
First and foremost, if you are a local business with a business location be sure to get listed on Google places and bing local. The account and service for both no charge.
Getting Started with Online Marketing
Things to try out?
- Google Adwords is a great start for a small budget. If you are looking to test the waters you can call 507 536-9557 for a $100 Google Adwords credit and if you ever need help managing your online marketing just keep me in mind.
- Landing pages, see how different content affects your conversion rates.
- Promotions, giveaways and contests.
- Spend smarter, not more.
- Mobile marketing. Be sure to have a clean and easy to use mobile phone site before marketing to mobile phone users.
What is your competitor doing?
- Any good marketing professional can tell you how much money your competitor is spending and give you a good idea on their ROI.
- See what is working for your competitor(s) and do it better.
In my Internet marketing experience over the years, here are some things not to do,
If you should have any questions or are looking for an Internet marketing professional give me a call at 507 536-9557
What is bounce rate? Bounce rate means the browser who clicked the add did not take any other actions on your site. In most cases they clicked on the ad by mistake or they are fake clicks. Less is better, you should strive for 60% or less bounce rate.
What is time on site? Time on site is the amount of time a new browser spends viewing your website before they close the window or move on to another site. In most cases you should strive for a minimum 1 minute or 3 minutes average for ecommerce websites.
This method can be used to fix duplicate content errors and make it so google only indexes one version of your urls, which will prevent you from getting a negative modifiers.
In order to do this you have two options.
- Use the proper canonical tags, for example place the following code at the top of your website:
- Use the following script to automate the process and only allow lower case urls to be viewed on your site, create a global.asax file and place it in your site's main directory.
If you plan to use both methods be sure to use only lower case for your canonical tags or you will end up with problems.