One of the most annoying things about Windows 10 is random mouse lag/stutter. To clarify if you move your mouse in a constant circle and it pauses every few seconds this is the fix.
Cortana is constantly recording and sending data to Microsoft, which causes system performance issues. This is most apparent on slower internet connections but can also be seen on all systems based on how much data Cortana is collecting and sending back to Microsoft.
Warning! Incorrectly editing your system registry can cause your system to stop functioning. Follow instructions accurately.
To disabled Cortana do the following:
- "Windows" Key + "R" Key to open the run command
- type in "regedit"
- Navigate to "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows"
- Right click the "Windows" key folder and choose New > Key
- Name this new key "Windows Search"
- Now Right click the "Windows Search" key folder and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name this "AllowCortana"
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer.
That's it, your done. Mouse lag/stuttering should be fixed.