With codeplex gone it can be a bit hard to find the real download for some things. I had to search an old server archive to find this.
Php manager 1.2 x64,
This is the original v1.2 64bit download from 2012.
I also found the older 1.1.1 download should you want that instead,
Step by step process to install silverstripe on IIS 7.5 (Windows Server 2008 R2 / Windows 7)
- First download the full package, you will need a way to extract the file from tar.gz files such as WinRAR
- Extract the files to your wwwroot or manually specified website directory
- Create a site using InetMgr.exe with the following settings
- Authentication should use ApplicationPoolIdentity
- Application pool needs to use "No Managed Code"
- Application pool also needs to be 32-bit "True" as php does not run in 64 bit
- Application pool Managed Pipeline Mode needs to be "Classic"
- Set file permissions as follows for IIS AppPool\Identity (ie. IIS AppPool\mywebsite.tld)
- wwwroot/ & all subsequent directories - Read/Execute
- Remove execute and add write permissions to the wwwroot/assets folder as well as wwwroot/web.config file and wwwroot/mysite/_config.php file.
- Now open your browser and go to your site by name or ip/install.php and follow the instructions.
If at this point you get the error: "The web server isn't letting me identify where files are stored." you will need to edit the bad code in install.php file as follows:
Open install.php with a HTML editor like notepad++ and On line 863 update the line "if(!$this->baseDir) $this->baseDir = realpath(dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'])) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR;" to read "if(!$this->baseDir) $this->baseDir = '(DRIVELETTER):\(your-path-to-wwwroot)\(silverstripe-home)\';"