With the launch of googles new mobile friendly test tool you can expect to see google pushing mobile friendly code for search placements.
The results are basic with no in major code diagnostics, with the following two main results:
- Awesome! This page is mobile-friendly.
- Not mobile-friendly
If your website is not already mobile now is the time to bring it up to date before google and other major search engines implement penalties for non mobile friendly websites.
A well designed mobile site also helps keep clients on the site long enough to turn them into prospective clients.
A simple solution to set a fixed height but still have an adaptive/responsive width utilizing the jssor slider.
Change the code from:
<div id="slider" style="width:auto !Important; ">
Hijack this is great tool for removing startup programs, from your system, cleaning up after a virus or just general upkeep of your pc.
Download: HijackThis.exe (379.50 kb)
You've just received notice that your Active Directory server is being used as part of a wide scale dDoS attack. Here is how you can fix it.
Go to the firewall settings on the active directory server or reported server IP and look for the following rules.
- Active Directory Domain Controller - LDAP (TCP-In)
- Active Directory Domain Controller - LDAP (UDP-In)
- Active Directory Domain Controller - LDAP for Global Catalog (TCP-In)
- Active Directory Domain Controller - Secure LDAP (TCP-In)
- Active Directory Domain Controller - Secure LDAP for Global Catalog (TCP-In)
For each of these alter the rule by choosing the Scope tab and entering only IP addresses that should have access to LDAP information. For example, Microsoft Exchange Servers within your network that need access to LDAP.
For assistance securing your network or if you are looking for hosted exchange services check out Area51.mn.
This is a quick guide on how to get a VPN up and running on a mac PC
- From the main "Apple" menu choose "System Preferences" then "Network"
- Now select "+" button, then use the "Interface" drop down to choose "VPN"
- Use the "VPN Type" drop down to choose "PPTP" or "L2TP", you can also choose a name for this connection if you would like. Then choose "Create".
- Choose the VPN from the list of option in the network connection window to complete the server address and account name
- Choose "Authentication settings" to enter your credentials the choose "OK"
- You can now click the connect button to connect to the VPN, and choose "Show CPN status" if you would like to appear on your menu bar.