I've been designing, hosting, optimizing and marketing websites since 1997, If you are looking for Internet Marketing Professional help to create a full online presence please feel free to give me a call at 507-536-9557.
Now, on to the...
Online Marketing Guide
First and foremost, if you are a local business with a business location be sure to get listed on Google places and bing local. The account and service for both no charge.
Getting Started with Online Marketing
Things to try out?
- Google Adwords is a great start for a small budget. If you are looking to test the waters you can call 507 536-9557 for a $100 Google Adwords credit and if you ever need help managing your online marketing just keep me in mind.
- Landing pages, see how different content affects your conversion rates.
- Promotions, giveaways and contests.
- Spend smarter, not more.
- Mobile marketing. Be sure to have a clean and easy to use mobile phone site before marketing to mobile phone users.
What is your competitor doing?
- Any good marketing professional can tell you how much money your competitor is spending and give you a good idea on their ROI.
- See what is working for your competitor(s) and do it better.
In my Internet marketing experience over the years, here are some things not to do,
If you should have any questions or are looking for an Internet marketing professional give me a call at 507 536-9557
What is bounce rate? Bounce rate means the browser who clicked the add did not take any other actions on your site. In most cases they clicked on the ad by mistake or they are fake clicks. Less is better, you should strive for 60% or less bounce rate.
What is time on site? Time on site is the amount of time a new browser spends viewing your website before they close the window or move on to another site. In most cases you should strive for a minimum 1 minute or 3 minutes average for ecommerce websites.