Launch of Karen Wortman's Real Estate Agent Site. This site was developed using my custom reactive design concept for mobile and tablet as well as a clean and easy to use vertical navigation for simplicity. The goal of this site is to provide Karen a platform to market to potential home buyers in Northern Minnesota where they can also look, learn and read about life in the area. The concept is based on a personal but professional layout.
If you are looking to sell or buy a home in the Northern Minnesota area, consider contacting Karen. She's knowledgeable, friendly and easy to work with.
Karen Wortman, https://karenwortman.com
Code: HTML5, CSS3, JS, ASP.NET
If you're looking for a new site design or internet marketing for your real estate business, give me a call to discuss your next project.
Direct: 507 358-4242
I recently spent some time looking into what makes a good Real Estate agent. I was able to gather some good ideas as well as add quite a few of my own. Here are my notes for new and existing Real Estate agents that will help them to provide a better service to the client:
- Get Client
- First decide on an Area where you would like to sell homes
- Hit the pavement, talk to everyone in that area so when they are ready they will list with you
- Aggressively contact other sellers expired listings
- Many people who go to open house are looking for a good agent
- Maintain good relationship with previous clients
- Offer something of value for free to potential home sellers
- Ask for referrals from satisfied clients
- Find a charity benefiting a cause close to your heart and offer to make a donation for any transaction where the client mentions the charity
- Find a niche and tailor to it
- Hold a seminar teaching the basics of being a landlord and encourage investors to buy homes through you
- Put out a weekly newsletter(s) with valuable information to home buyer groups such as; new home owners, landlords, people moving to the area
- Talk with contractors in your area and establish a client exchange
- Hand out your business card to EVERYONE
- Hire an Internet Marketing Specialist(like myself) to properly design and optimize your website(SEO) for potential clients
- Geo-Target potential clients using Adwords, Facebook, and other online display networks
- Offer to place Ads on popular local bloggers and photographer websites.
- Send out business card and a letter to everyone you know telling them you are now in real estate and you would be happy to help them with any home transactions
- Start a blog or YouTube channel with daily/weekly tips
- Review what is working and what is not each month/year and adjust to be more efficient with your time and resources
- Sell House
- Be Available whenever the client wants, you work on their time not yours
- When showing homes first ask lots of questions, only show them homes that match them first, move on to additional homes and then offer to revisit homes that they seemed to like the most
- Send out fliers to people in the same neighborhood that the homes is for sale in
- Include “Text for more info” in your signage, fliers and mailers
- Google Adwords, geo specific
- Advertise in your city's welcome packet sent to people who move to the area
- Include new listings in a newsletter for home seekers
- USE PHOTOS in your MLS listings, so many listings in the MLS do not have photos or if they do they are either bad quality or not of the things home buyers want to see.
- Give the homeowner a guide to help them sell a home, things to do like, clean the windows, use brighter lights, paint, add a bird feeder, etc
- See Step 1.
I am not a Real Estate Agent; I am an Internet Marketing Specialist and Developer. I can create unique profitable internet marketing strategy and online presence for you and your business. If you're in Real Estate and are looking for a profitable internet marketing strategy please give me a call: 507 536-9556